Hunger Relief Center Food Sorting and Packing
Volunteers sort and pack food to be distributed through our programs and agency network. You could be packing canned goods, produce, meat, or helping with various warehouse tasks.
Volunteers must be 18 or older.
Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals or flip-flops allowed). Volunteers may be selected to pack/sort frozen meat or produce in the refrigerated area – we recommend that everyone dress in layers in case you are selected for this project. We do provide jackets and gloves.
It will be located at 3616 S. Galloway St. Philadelphia, PA 19148. There is ample parking located next to our warehouse. When you turn onto Galloway St., drive past the green awning and you will find the parking lot on your right. Everyone will enter the warehouse under the green awning.
The CDC now recommends that everyone, including fully vaccinated people, wear masks in public indoor settings "in areas with substantial and high transmission to help prevent the spread of the Delta variant”. The safety of our employees, volunteers, and the community we serve remains the utmost priority.
What this means for Philabundance:
- Beginning Monday, August 2, all staff and volunteers must wear a mask indoors when social distancing is not possible, i.e., walking through the buildings, interacting with another person or working in a group.
- Daily sanitizing of high touch point areas in our facilities.
- Encouraging social distancing inside our buildings.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: